N. E. R. V. O. U. S | Sarah

Hey Guys!
Right now I just finished my oral exam and I'm so nervous that I can't think straight and my hands are like cold and almost shaking. And if you're thinking I went to a dentist for a checkup or something I didn't. It's my school oral exam where we have to impromptu a speech and recite it to the teacher. Anyways I kept stuttering and forgetting what to say even though my topic to speak about was super super easy. My topic was reading. And reading is one of my favorite things to do. Literally reading is my forte! It kinda went like this...

"Good afternoon Ms______. Personally I love to read. Ermm my favourite books are Maze Runner etc. Ermmmmmmmmm Reading can improve your ermm vocabulary...."

Yeah not very good is it? My voice was like shaking! I obviously can't do Public Speaking. But what I wanna say is that I really regret it cause I let my fears get the best of me and I couldn't do very well for my oral test. Even though this oral exam isn't that important, it would have been better if I did it properly. Anyway here are some tips that I really wish I thought about before my oral exam.

1. Reassurance
Reassure yourself that you CAN do it. Remind yourself it's just a tiny test and that it's not that hard. Basically you're tricking your mind into thinking you can do it. Just keep reminding yourself that you will do well and that you CAN do it!

2. Breathe
Relax. Whatever it is that you're doing whether an oral exam or your finals it's not the end of the world. It's just another exam and even if you don't do well you always have the next exam to try again. So it's not a big deal. Just relax you're mind so that you can focus on your topic. Which brings me to the next point...

3. Don't overthink it
Don't worry so much! Just go and do your  best. If you worry too much then you'll probably forget or not do well cause your too scared to make mistakes. So don't think about it and do whatever you can. And then learn from your mistakes and walk out PROUD! 

                                                          Good Luck <3
All the best,
Sarah

Comments