K-Pop Reaction: Red Velvet #3 | Forty-Two³

Hey Hey Hey!!!!! Today we're back with a K-pop Reaction post and I'm reallly excited for this post because it's gonna be RED VELVET!!! Ally and I [Sarah] are huge fans of Red Velvet if you didn't know... So today we're gonna react to Red Velvet's newest song (although not so new anymore cause we're really slow in uploading these posts) Russian Roulette!!

Anyways, let's jump into the K-pop world now shall we?

Disclaimer: If you feel offended by any of our comments, we're sorry. Just keep in mind, Sarah and Ally are K-pop fans too and it was just for entertainment and out of boredom. Whatever we say are 100% our own opinions. Also, credits to the songwriters and the singers for their masterpiece(s). Thank you :)
 
Make sure to watch the music video with us so that you can understand what we're saying as we're reacting to it and also to get Red Velvet more views.
  

------Reaction Starts Now------

Ally: I realllly like the logo.
Sarah: Set fire.
Beth: To the rain.
Sarah: *laughs* I was gonna say that but it's not raining.
Ally: Seulgi looks so different here.
Sarah: She looks better here.
Beth: Seulgi?
Ally: Yeah this is Seulgi...my favourite!
Beth: Nevermind.
Ally: Why?
Sarah: I like the outfits. The red coloured ones.
Ally: I like their shorts.
Ally's Christmas present will be shorts this year, judging from how much she likes them...
Sarah: These ones here?
Ally: Yeah.
Beth: Are they like bullies or something?
Ally: It's like a game of Russian Roulette.
Beth: What's the real definition of Russian Roulette? Smashing eggs on your head?
Left to right (Top): Cameron Dallas, Jimmy Fallon (ft. Anna Kendrick), Brooklyn and Bailey, Rosanna Pansino.
Left to right (Bottom): Alex Wassabi, Merrell Twins, Collins Key, Jimmy Fallon (ft. Zac Efron).
Sarah: Huh???
Beth: Isn't that Russian Roulette?
Ally: No. Russian Roulette is a dangerous game that you play with a gun.
Sarah: Yeah. It's like you put one bullet into the gun and you press the trigger. So it's like a game of luck.
Ally: Put the gun to your head. So if you're super unlucky then you die...
Sarah: But in the song, they're trying to say like....they're trying to get the guy so they'll kill everyone else.
Ally: By playing dangerous games...*helps Sarah to finish her sentence*
 
Explanation: Russian Roulette is a lethal game of chance in which a player places a single round in a revolver, spins the cylinder, places the muzzle against their head, and pulls the trigger. "Russian" refers to the supposed country of origin, and roulette to the element of risk-taking and the spinning of the revolver's cylinder, which is reminiscent of a spinning roulette wheel.


-Says Wikipedia

Ally: I really like their shorts!!!
Beth: Well, the Russian Roulette I saw on YouTube was to smash eggs on their heads.
Sarah: I like Yeri here. She looks SO pretty!
Ally: Here?
Beth: Is this Joy?
Ally: No this is Yeri, the one with red hair. Joy is the one with blonde hair.
Ally: Irene is so pretty!
Sarah: Wendy looks a little weird here.
Ally: But Wendy looks SO good with the dumpling hair!
Sarah: Yeah.
Ally: Sunglasses...
Beth: Oh what a random....cat?
Sarah: It's like Tom & Jerry. Actually I don't know what... Simpsons?
Ally: Itchy & Scratchy?
Sarah: Something like that.. yeah.
Sarah: This one is pretty too.
Beth: This is Yeri?
Ally & Sarah: Yeah.
Beth: I don't know if I'll be able remember who's who when I screenshot it.
Sarah: You have to.
Beth: I'm trying to remember.
Ally: Oh I really like the dance moves!
Sarah: *agrees*
 
Update: Ally decided to add the pictures because of her immense love for Red Velvet.
 
-SILENCE-
 
Ally: She's SO pretty...
Beth: OH! Now, I can tell everyone on the blog that while we were studying for the exams, I learnt how to write in Korean.
Sarah: Yeah! Not Korean words though.
Beth: Not Korean words though *same time as Sarah*, English in Korean. I don't know if they'll get offended. (If you're offended, I'm sorry :( )
Sarah: I don't know...
Sarah: I like how they had to plan so much for this so that it cannot actually drop...the fridge.
Beth: Oh Domino!
Ally: It's very different.....
Sarah: It's not as weird as Dumb Dumb.
Sarah: Oh I wanna play this.
Beth: The coffin?
Sarah: Huh? No the string game. It's been a while since I played it.
Ally: I've never played it.
Sarah: I played it with my mom.
Beth: Ok...What game is that?
Ally: Yeah I've never seen that before...
Sarah: How can you have never seen that before?
Beth: I don't know.
Beth: Oh that's so Tom & Jerry.
Sarah: They broke the set, you know.... while pushing the piano down.
Ally: Yeah in the behind the scenes right?
Sarah: Yup.
Beth: All I can hear is them singing Russian Roulette.
Sarah: That's what their saying.
Beth: Yeah...I can't understand the other words.
Ally: Can't you hear the heart beat beat beat.
Beth: No. All I hear is Russian Roulette.
Sarah: Don't you hear the la la la.
Ally: Heart beat beat beat.
Beth: I don't hear it.
(I realized after reading this that it's Heart beat beat beat. Recently, I've been hearing this song everywhere because of my strong k-pop influencers around me and all I hear is 'Hah pee pee pee'. I'm such a failure, I know.)
Ally: I really like this logo!
Sarah: Did you not hear that? They just said it again.
Beth: No.
Sarah: *sighs*

------Video Ends------
 
Conclusions:
  • Ally really likes their shorts
  • Russian Roulette is NOT about smashing eggs on people's heads
  • Ally likes Red Velvet's logos
  • Once again due to Beth's hearing problems, she can't hear the heart beat beat beat or la la la
  • Sarah's favourite member is Yeri
  • Ally's favourite member is Seulgi
  • Sarah wonders why Ally and Beth don't know about the string game
  • Beth can write English words in Korean *literal translation not actual Korean*

And that is the end of this weeks K-pop Reaction post. If you like this song...please support Red Velvet! Oh and shameless promotion for Red Velvet.....go vote for Red Velvet (and EXO) on the MAMA webpage here.  I hope you enjoyed the song and our reaction to it! Oh and even though I've said this many many times...we're sorry for the late upload. At the moment, we reacted to some songs dated back to June and we're contemplating if we should even do them since it's been so long. Who knows though... there might be a tbt? (Or something more in mind ;) - Beth's doing only within this bracket)


Confession: I really love Red Velvet! - Ally
 
Love,
   Forty-Two³


Credits:
Ally - Editing the post, adding pictures, reacting and explaining.
Beth - Adding 1 picture, editing the post and reacting
Sarah - Typing the whole audio into words, adding pictures, reacting and explaining.

Comments

  1. XD I used to be super into voting for the end of the year awards stuff XD
    Russian Roulette isn't my fav song of RV's though. I liked their stuff better last year, but eh. It happens.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment