So Much Drama! #2 | Sarah

Heylo! 
It's been a while since I did this and I thought that I'd write another post about some of my favourite dramas. Updated version. To be honest, while looking back the first 'So Much Drama', I realised that I was kinda doing stuff wrong? I was supposed to recommend dramas but I practically wrote about the whole storyline and spoiling the drama for the readers. Sorry bout that! So now I'll just give remarks on the drama and rate the dramas out of 10 (Although there might be slight spoilers!). I hope that this updated version is better? 
 
Anyways, the dramas that I recommend are based on my own preference and I personally think that they are all GREAT. So if you have some free time.... watching these dramas are a good idea! I hope you enjoy the dramas as much as I do.  
 
  
#1. Scarlet Heart Ryeo/ Moon Lovers
Credits to the actors and all the people who were involved in taking these pictures! Please don't sue (soo get it?) me
Scarlet Heart was one of those dramas that I watched because of the actors in it. I expected a lot out of this drama because of the actors. I mean Baekhyun, Nam Joo Hyuk and Ji Soo all in one drama. Plus IU is SO pretty!
So a short summary of the drama, Hae Soo is sent back in to the past after she drowns trying to save a kid. When she wakes up, she's in Goryeo. She tries her hardest not to get into trouble and she befriends all most of the princes there.
The story line was pretty good to me. It was somewhat different from other dramas with the time travel taking place. I kinda wished it had a different ending though. The drama was kind of hard to watch after a while because I shipped Hae Soo and Wang Wook. Second lead syndrome problems... seriously. But even so, I realised that I kept wanting to watch the next episode after the current episode ends.
To be completely honest, in the beginning I didn't want to watch the drama because I'm still a little sceptical about historical dramas. So far I've only watched 3 historical dramas and they were pretty good so I'll probably relinquish my assumptions toward historical dramas.
I cried so much the last episode. No joke. I had to have like a ball of tissues with me. I really hope there's a second season. Only then will I be completely satisfied. The 20 episodes were like a rollercoaster of emotions with the fight for the throne and the fight to win over Hae Soo's heart. I'd watch it again though.
Oh and can I just mention the OST's? OMG ChenBaekXi, IOI, Taeyeon, Davichi, Epik High, Punch & Loco and so many more. I've been addicted to all of the OST's even though the drama itself is finished.
I'd rate this drama 9/10

#2. Descendants of the Sun
Credits to the wonderful people who made this drama so good.
Of course this drama had to be included. I'm guessing that this drama is like the drama of 2016. Almost everyone knows this drama. At first I didn't get the hype and when I watched the first 10 mins of the first episode I was like.... it's just fighting? But as the episodes go on... this drama is SO good. Every aspect of the drama was close to perfect. With Song Joong Ki's good looks, the SongSong couple chemistry, the OST's, the set and even the camera angles. The drama had just enough action, romance and comedy and I think that's why it's so successful. Not to mention Song Joong Ki's looks. (did I say that already?).
Basically, the drama is about Yoo Shi Jin (Song Joong Ki) who is a soldier. He meets with Kang Mo Yeon (Song Hye Kyo) and immediately falls in love with her. But the differences and risk of their careers get in the way of their relationship. They break up and coincidentally meet again in a small country (?) called Urk.
I also wanted to say that Myung Joo and Dae Young's love story was also a great addition to the drama. Oh yeah what I like about the drama was that there wasn't any of that typical love triangle stuff. There are so so many iconic scenes in this drama that I don't think will be forgotten for a long time. I'm actually re-watching the drama right now. Hahaha. To be honest I don't even know if it's necessary to recommend this drama because everyone knows it but I had to add it in because it's just too good to be left out. And I think everyone including me, Ally and even Ally's mom can say that this drama was AMAZING. If you haven't watched this drama you're living under a rock!
Rating 10/10
 
#3. W-Two Worlds
 
Credits to MBC and everyone who made this drama possible :)
This drama is probably one of the only dramas that I would say can compete with Descendants Of the Sun. I immediately liked it after watching the first two episodes. Although it isn't THAT popular, the story and everything was just SO good. I guess what makes this drama so good is also because it's different.
So basic synopsis... Kang Chul is the main character of a webtoon called W. The writer's daughter Yeon Joo is suddenly able to cross from the real world to the comic book world and falls in love with Kang Chul.
I think that this drama doesn't have a part where it gets boring. For most dramas, I'd get bored halfway through but this drama had a new problem popping up from every single corner. Just when you think the big problem is over another one shows up. But I guess that's what makes the drama so interesting.
The love story between the two main leads were really sweet and cute. (I mean the book was so cute) Oh and not to mention the ending of the drama is SO unpredictable. Hehehe you'll find out when you watch it. But I think that this drama really suits me. Cause I like mystery dramas and like how at the start you can get like small little puzzle pieces of the story which at the end you can piece together to create a bigger picture and you can see how everything connects and is related. Does that even make sense?...... it's hard to explain. 
But anyways.... this drama deserves a 10/10 for me.
 
#4. Cinderella and the Four Knights
Credits credits credits to tvN and the actors and the production staff, the stylists, photographers and everyone who worked on the drama
This drama was one of the dramas where I didn't start watching when it first came out. So I had to marathon like 6 episodes. Although this is like another typical love story kind of drama, it was pretty good. I guess one of the differences is that the girl isn't the typical pretty girl? Cause the girl has like her own personality and isn't easily swayed by people... I would describe Eun Ha Won (the girl in the drama) as steadfast, feisty but kind at the same time.
I thought it was cute that they used the Cinderella concept though. It's basically the same thing though. Eun Ha Won is mistreated by her stepsister and stepmom. Then she gets invited to stay at Sky House which is owned by like millionaires billionaires and she gets treated like a princess. Oh and she falls in love with one of the four 'knights' (I won't spoil it for you don't worry)
The drama itself wasn't that bad though. I felt that the whole drama was just really cute and if you're like watching good looking guys chase after one girl.... this drama is PERFECT for you. Although I would say the ending is a little too much of a coincidence.
Rating 7/10 :)

#5. Doctors
Credits to SBS and to everyone that has taken part in this drama and the taking of the photos!
Another drama I thought could compete with Descendants of the Sun. Doctors was super popular but it disappointed my slightly in the later episodes. It wasn't THAT bad but it was just more interesting in the earlier episodes. Oh and another big age gap of 8 years. But I felt like this was worse because in the drama, Hong Ji Hong (Kim Rae Won) is acting as a teacher and Yoo Hye Jung (Park Shin Hye) is his student. I CANNOT imagine myself dating my teacher no matter what. That's why it was a little weird.
So anyway the storyline, Hye Jung had a really hard life and she was getting into a lot of trouble. She was sent to stay with her grandmother after her father gave up on trying to help her. There she meets Hong Ji Hong which happens to live at her grandmothers house (he rents a room there) and is also her teacher. So skipping a lot of parts, Hye Jung grows up to become a doctor to make her grandmother proud. At the hospital, she meets Hong Ji Hong again.
I would say that the drama is pretty good. Although it could be better. It had a pretty good ending as well. I think that once again the scriptwriters did a good job adding comedy, romance and sad parts as well as those action put-you-at-the-edge-of-your-seat kind of parts all into one drama. Also, this drama is different cause instead of the guy being able to fight, it's Hye Jung that is the skilled fighter.
Rating 7.5/10

Disclaimer: This drama has a lot of surgeries so there is A LOT of blood and cutting of skulls (she's a neurologist) so if you are a person who can't handle that I would advise you to skip this drama.


#6. Let's Fight Ghost (Bring it On Ghost)
Once again, credits to tvN and everyone that was involved in producing the drama and the pictures.
I watched this drama cause I like Kim So Hyun (hehehe) and I kinda wanted to see Taecyeon's acting. I admit the drama wasn't AS good in the beginning but it got so so much better at the end. At the end it everything just pieced together. I think it was a pretty good ending. And I guess you can say this drama is pretty interesting because there are parts where it's just so scary (yeah I'm a scaredy cat) and there are times where it's just pure comedy. So I think the script writer did a good job trying to shake things up.
To give a brief introduction of the drama, Bong Pal (Taecyeon) can see ghosts after he got possessed by a ghost when he was younger. He uses his ability to earn money as a ghost exterminator (Who you gonna call? Ghostbusters!). Hyun Ji (Kim So Hyun) is a ghost who lost her memories but after meeting Bong Pal she regains some of them. Because of that, she sticks close to Bong Pal in hopes of getting her memory back.
This drama was really interesting at the end. A lot of plot twists made it pretty interesting. Although I do think that some parts could be changed(which I can't talk about without spoiling the whole drama).  Oh yeah can I just say the professor is pretty good looking? And that girl Seo Yeon. Hahaha random statement. Oh I think another thing that kinda bothered me was the age difference between Taecyeon and Kim So Hyun. They have an age gap of 10 years. That's more than the age gap I have with my brother. But if you see pass that I think their love story was pretty cute.
Rating 7/10
 
 
 Anyways before I end the post, I did want to say the reason why I actually didn't write and continue the 'So Much Drama' series(?). For me, I don't like watching a drama if it's going to be bad (lol obviously) Like once I start episode 1 of the drama I HAVE to finish till the end no matter how bad it is. And that's why I prefer going online to search on the recommended dramas before I watch them. But I feel there aren't a lot of recommendations (it's either that or I've read them all) so I thought I'd recommend some of my favourite dramas so that I can help others! Yay doing a good deed kinda. 
 
That is the end of the post. Phew.... writing about dramas take a long time. Hahaha. I hope I didn't spoil the drama for you though! I tried really hard to keep explain the drama without revealing any important parts. I hope you liked the post. After like a few months I might be back with So Much Drama. Why a few months? Because watching dramas require minimum 16 hours of my life. And I have to recommend at least 5 so that's like 80 hours + of my life. Anyways, goodbye for now~
 
Wasting my life,
Sarah <3

Comments

  1. The Cinderella and the 4 Knights one looks right up my ally :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment