Cherish | Sarah

Heylo!
And no this isn't about EXO-CBX Cherish okay?
 Just saying, I'm getting a little serious on this post!  So heh if you're not in the mood to get serious.... don't read this. LOL just joking. I don't usually do serious posts but after a tiring day, I was kind of reminded by a lot of things. A few things I regret and stuff. And I just kind of wanted to let it out. Like the blog's my little diary ๐Ÿ˜‚.
 
So yeah the thing I was reminded of was my grandpa. I was never really close with my grandpa. He lived pretty far away and because of that I never really visited him. And when I did, I didn't spend much time with him. Ahhh regrets....... To be honest, the only memory I have about my grandpa that I can clearly remember was from a really long time ago. My dad had to go to work so he dropped me off at my grandparent's house. But my dad took a really long time so I cried a lot. And I remember my grandpa pouring me a glass of juice to cheer me up. Random memory but the only one I have......So yeah, my grandpa passed away in October. And I've never been to any funerals before this is cause nobody has actually passed away before this. So it kinda woke me up.
 
My grandpa had a stroke a REALLY long time ago and he was wheelchair-bound. I've never seen my grandpa walk before. Throughout the years, my grandpa's health deteriorated and he could barely speak. This went on for like 10 years. Soon enough he could only grunt to kind of call us over and try to talk to us. Our conversations weren't very long. I didn't have much to say to him ๐Ÿ˜•. My grandpa was a really stubborn man and would cause a lot of problems to my family. And that kind of made me not like my grandpa as much (?) I would usually avoid him and just stay to one corner of the house. I wonder how my grandpa felt when I did that...
 
During his wake, nobody cried. With the exception of my grandma and my grandpa's sisters. My cousins even joked that my other 5 year old cousin cried more than anyone else during the whole wake service. Huh...we're evil people aren't we? Everyday I went to the wake service and just sat there the whole time half sad, half feeling nothing. It kinda hurt my heart to see my grandma cry though. But the only time I cried was at the crematorium. I was holding back tears until I saw my dad, the person who was strong throughout the whole funeral...cry. After that I couldn't stop the tears. I guess I never thought of this from my dad's perspective. To my dad, he lost his father, the one who raised him since he was born. Although my grandpa was giving a lot of problems to the family, he was still his father no matter what (woah that's a little confusing). For me, if I were to lose any one of my parents now, I don't know how I would continue life. So yeah when I saw my dad cry (for the first time ever!) I too, couldn't stop crying.
 
So, the point of my whole story was to say the oh-so-famous, appreciate the things you have before it's gone. And I can't tell you how much I regret not becoming closer to my grandpa. I wonder how happy he could have been if I were to just take the initiative to talk to him or to help him. But now he's gone and there's nothing I'll ever be able to do about it. I guess the reason I wrote this is to just remind everyone that not everything lasts forever and don't do (or not do) something you'll regret. Cherish every moment of your life and don't waste time hating on people or focusing on things that make you unhappy. Don't let ANYONE have the power to take happiness away from you. Live every single moment to the fullest. Spread joy to the people around you. Do what makes YOU happy. And cherish all your family members.
 
Life is too short to have regrets guys! Learn from your mistakes and my mistakes! 
 
I think I can be a motivational speaker don't you think? LOL. But seriously, everything in this post was true and it's really what I feel. I don't know why I suddenly thought of my grandpa or why I felt the need to write about it but yeah here it is. It's a little different from my other posts but I guess it's good to get serious once in a while. Since life isn't just flowers and sweets is it? I hope that this post wasn't TOO serious though. I kinda just wanted to relay the message to appreciate stuff before they're gone..... But anyways, I hope you enjoyed my post and I'll be back next week with a new cheery post ๐Ÿ˜‚.
 
No regrets,
Sarah <3
 
P.S. Sorry for the lack of photos. Couldn't really find a picture that would fit the topic.

P.P.S I haven't been on the blog for a while but when I did, I immediately wrote this so when I went to the drafts...I realised that all three of us had a somewhat emo-ish post this week (completely coincidental)
 

Comments

  1. Two "serious" posts from you guys in a row! XD No problem :) It makes the reader feel closer to you guys when you "reveal" these more personal thoughts. And I think you'd find that a lot of people have been in your situation. A lot of us don't appreciate what we have until we find it gone, and its hard to have the foresight to see how we can better relationships with people now before its too late. You just kinda assume they will always be around.
    Its also so different when you think about losing a grandparent as your parents losing their parents. It definitely makes you think about it so much more.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment